Monday, September 25, 2006

Am I A Drunkard?

I don't know what the deal is lately but it seems that everyone that matters to me; family, friends, family friends, seem to think that i drink in excess. i mean hell, to me drinking in excess is when you are already drunk out of your mind and doing stupid things. But me, when i drink...i'm calm, collective, and think about how the world screws me over on a daily basis.

But alas, this is the second time that someone (this time a group) has sat me down and lectured me on the perils of the bottle *cowers in fear*. The way i see it, if i drink too much...i throw up, wash my mouth out and get some sleep. no biggie.

But then again it could also stem from my deep seeded belief that my life is one cruel joke and that no matter what i do, people will hate me...but that's a completely different blog entry all together. *goes to write blog now*

So my question is, am i drunkard because i've become increasingly dependant on the bottle to relieve my boredom? Let a Poet know folks......

1 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger cecil Newry said...

It all depends on what you believe:
Do you believe that you are what you think you are or what people say you are...
If I say I am a Prince of a lost tribe and no one actually believes me, am I still a prince...
Or if I am arrested, found guilty and sentenced for a crime I did not commit, am I a criminal...
Does society dictates who we are or do we dictate to society...
Are you a drunk...perhaps not...but clearly you drink too much...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home